Here at surgical supplies we run a government-backed scheme that means you may not be required to pay the VAT on some of the products on surgicaldirectsupplies.com
However not everyone is eligible for the scheme as you must meet the following criteria’s:
1. You (or who you are buying it for) are chronically ill or disabled , this means someone:
· With a physical or mental impairment which has a long term and substantial adverse effect upon his or her ability to carry out everyday activities, or
· With a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes.
· Who is terminally ill.
It does not include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb
2. The goods are for personal or domestic use, this means:
· The goods are supplied for your own private use, rather than for business purposes.
· The goods are not made widely available for a whole group of people
3.The products exempt from tax will have a option to choose on the product page, If you are eligible please selection the clearly described option however if we feel you are not eligible for the VAT exemption scheme we will ask for proof of eligibility.
The conditions for relief are contained in VAT notice 701/7 VAT - Reliefs for disabled people. You can find much more information on the HM Revenue and Customs Website to fully understand the conditions. You can also call the HMRC helpline 0845 302 0203 and select Option 3. (8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday).
Got a question? Call. 01792 894 969 or Email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Surgical Direct Supplies Ltd. email@example.com